Friday, February 3, 2017

Getting the act together part 1

Getting my act together and trying to not fall on my face is not going to be an easy one. First of all I'm a single parent who seems to be prone to people trying to screw me over, usually for money that I don't have. I'm also in the process of getting ready to move at the end of the school year and so far the only people who know are a few of my friends and some of the local bus drivers. His teacher doesn't, and won't get to, know because she might tell my roommate. Those who I've asked about housing and other services in the state that I'll be moving to sort of know but only in the sense that they've been asked about housing that might be available at the end of the school year. Also my current job knows because I've warned them that I'll have to leave in order to move.

I have to plan how I'm going to move, where I'm going to live and work, where my kid is going to go while I'm at work and where he'll go to school in the fall. He hasn't been told because I don't want him to tell my roommate and her then get spiteful and decide to kick me out early because she thinks she's teaching me a lesson. I've not told anyone in my family either because they would tell her and possibly get me the same consequences.

I don't know about anyone else but this is super rough on me. I'll also need to be able to figure out how I'm going to pay the utilities and get food on the table that I've not yet purchased/made. I'm doing the research so that I can create my own furniture and possibly earn money from it on the side.

Some of the places I'm looking into are either one bedroom homes or two bedroom homes, they're pretty much the same cost as renting just a room in the area that I'm looking into in South Carolina. I was living there about a year and a half ago and miss the place a lot, so does my kid. I want to tell him that I've already purchased the bus tickets to take us there but I don't want to risk the consequences of HER knowing about it until I pick up our suitcases for the final time and walk out the door holding my kids hand.

By the end of the summer if things work out the way I'm hoping they will I could take us to the coast for a few days and let him experience the ocean from the eastern shore. I think he'd love it. I could also work on my hobby of photography and collect a few hundred if not a few thousand photos to put up around the house. The pictures that I've posted so far are my original photos I took myself.

One thing that I want to do and it would probably be super helpful if I can get a hold of the information is instructions, preferably pdf format, on how to make cardboard furniture. I'm no pro but I don't want for what I make to look like I just brought a box home from Lowe's and painted it because I'm either to cheap or poor to get something nice.

This right here would be a good start. I'm going to have to see what I can do about copying something from youtube because the search so far has been extremely frustrating and fruitless. I want to make a complete kitchen and dining room set, bedroom necessities and maybe some decorative stuff like a nice hanging desk or something. The cabinet below or something similar I really want, partly because it looks nice and partly because if I have something hanging I don't have to move it to clean under it.

If anyone has the instructions or the link to a website that I can get the instructions from I would love it if they shared that with me because I really do need it.

The pictures of the furniture I don't own, I found them on a google search for cardboard furniture.

No comments:

Post a Comment