Wednesday, February 8, 2017

Getting My Act Together part II

Each day that passes brings me one day closer to my goal of returning to the south and a higher level of humidity. I'm having loads of anxiety and panic attacks but I tell myself that I can do this because it's not just for me, it's also for my kid. The cartoon image is pretty close to just how far I'll be traveling by bus with my kid, I'll be traveling from Utah to South Carolina which is going to take three days. We will both be so glad to get off that bus for the final time.

I'm planning out what I want my place to look like inside and what I can do with the restrictions that come with renting a property. I can't do a huge amount with walls but I can hang things and put things in front of or hang them from the walls and ceiling.
I love these bluish and greenish shades, they are so calm and I definitely need to be able to be calm for the move so that I don't freak my kid out. I'll probably come up with a few projects for my kid to help me with so he feels more involved in making our new place more homey. One thing I'll do is paint a dresser, it won't look exactly like something out of one of the photographs that I find online but I'll try and the fact that he gets to help will make it fun for him.
I would probably do the outline in black just in case he tries drawing on the outside of it and it would still look really nice. That and he can have his little Star Wars figurines on the top and it would look almost like it was made for them.

Aside from planning how I'm going to get there I guess planning the visual theme in my future place is a pretty big thing because I need it to help my kid feel like he's coming home and guests will feel welcome. Not sure yet if blue is going to be the main color or something else but I'm gathering all the ideas I can. Including the instructions on how to make my own furniture so that it looks the way I want it to and not just like I settled for what I could find in a thrift store.


This would probably be an excellent idea for my kid, he loves outer space and Star Wars and other boy themed stuff. I won't be able to make it look exact but I'll see what I can do about doing something along these lines.

No comments:

Post a Comment