Thursday, February 9, 2017

IKEA Idea

I've been getting the idea that I can figure out how to make similar projects to what IKEA sells.
  Some of these I could probably figure out how to copy but not all of them. I love the little table with the plants on it and the little chest with the simple design, those I could figure out easily. The little green stool is possible but I'll leave the red stool/seat alone.

One of the positive things I like about IKEA is the simplicity of the design of all of the furniture and supplies they sell. There's none of the flashy tendencies seen in American design where they have to have things bigger or with more bells and whistles. Swedish design is simple and nice.

I have wanted this dresser for years and have decided that if I can find the right template or furniture pattern I'll make something similar on my own. Not that I don't want to help support the businesses that I feel inspired by the design of but I have to make sure that I can save money for things that matter just a tiny bit more than furniture, things like food and being able to pay the utility bills.

Something I may have found the templates for but will need to purchase would be the furniture set for a childs room. I'll probably do something just a little bit different than the picture. (Mine won't be a plastic model for a doll house) but it'll still be nice.
  I'll have to take pictures of what I make when I finally start to make them. For now I'm going to be in the planning stage and gathering supplies and planning the design and colors, things like that.


No comments:

Post a Comment